Generous donors make it possible for us to offer scholarships from more than 80 different funds.
Thanks to the vision and generosity of many of our donors, the San Antonio Area Foundation holds more than 80 funds that provide a variety of scholarships to eligible applicants. Graduating high school students planning to attend colleges, universities, and vocational/technical schools throughout the United States receive the majority of these scholarships. Many of them represent the first generation in their family to pursue higher education.
Since we awarded our first scholarship of $100 in 1969, the San Antonio Area Foundation has given out more than $13 million in scholarships, including 331 scholarships totaling more than $1.6 million in 2013. Recipients may use these funds for educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books and room and board.
How to apply for San Antonio Area Foundation scholarships:
Research the criteria and deadline information for all scholarships available by clicking on the red scholarship button below. The Area Foundation scholarships funds have varying deadlines of February and March 2014.
To apply for a specific scholarship, click the link provided in the "How to Apply" column. Some scholarships will require you to create a user name and password to access the application.
We have a Scholarship Tracker Worksheet for your use, if you find it helpful.
- The deadline for each application varies.
- Applications must be submitted electronically.
- Supplemental documents must be received by the deadline.
- Review the FAQs.
- You may be eligible for more than one scholarship. You can apply for multiple funds with one online application.
- Students who receive a renewable scholarship may be eligible to receive the scholarship for a total of four years, depending on the Fund's criteria.
- When you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated response stating receipt of your application. If you do not receive a response after submitting, please contact Bernice Uresti at 210.228.3759.